Vet Clinic Gets Hit by Bear Spray

By: ralphbarrera

Sep 16 2008

Category: Uncategorized

Leave a comment

Aperture:f/3.5
Focal Length:16mm
ISO:320
Shutter:1/160 sec
Camera:Canon EOS-1D Mark II N

A south Austin vet clinic was hit by a faulty can of bear spray when it was accidentally knocked off a shelf by a an employee causing evacuation of workers and pets into an adjacent building. No was injured in the morning mishap, but several people were evaluated by EMS personnel before being released. No one is saying why a local clinic would have a can of bear spray in stock, and you can be safe to know it does work on humans. Veterinary technician Rachel Henry sees to the care of one of the evacuated pets. “I had no idea when I woke up this morning that I would have to call EMS for bear spray.” said Henry who was somewhat of a hero with fellow workers who quickly realized the danger and carried the animals to safety in an adjacent building.

 

 

Eduardo Lopez, owner of New Start Biorecovery, an Austin company, was hired to cleanup the contamination.

Photos by Ralph Barrera/Austin American-Statesman

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: